Monday, October 1, 2012

ABOUT ME AND CONTACT INFO


~A Little About J.Rae~

I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, in a household where the words "budget" and "coupons" were used a lot. I learned how to use what we had to the best of our ability, and let nothing go to waste. Now that I am running my own household, these odd skills have come in handy! 

I spent the first half of my childhood raised by my stepmother, a woman with ties to the Amish community. She taught me how to sew, how to re-use common objects for practical (and sometimes just fun) uses around the house, and how to really clean a home. 

The second half of my formative years, I spent with my Mother ~ a free spirited, sometimes crazy, always tough woman who taught me that sometimes, the chores can wait! Your kids are only young once! 

I started a family of my own and we moved to a rural town in Central Illinois, near Springfield. I realized that though I've lived most of my life in the suburbs, and a large part of my adult life working in Chicago...I am a country girl at heart! The pace of life is a bit slower here, the people are friendly, and I secretly have always wanted to be a homesteader. 

We are saving up for what we call our "Forever House", which will hopefully have just enough land for me to grow our own veggies and herbs. I love to cook, so this is a big deal to me. I am married, addicted to coffee and a Pisces. When not writing for Little Mom on the Prairie, I write for Little Mom Saves, and am a freelance copy writer for several companies. 

~What You Can Expect~
You will also find my original recipes and crafts, as well as round ups of crafts from some of my favorite blogs. I have started writing about working from home, as well. I hope to add more to my gardening page ASAP.

I might sometimes share a special deal from Little Mom Saves, if I think it is just too good to pass up, or if it is craft/recipe related. 

Thanks again for visiting! If you like what you see, tell your friends!

If you have any questions feel free to email:
ilovethefree@yahoo.com

Creative Commons License
This work by Little Mom on the Prairie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment