Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello World!


A new year, a new blog! I have tried my hand at blogging a few times, with moderate success, but I was never truly happy with the direction things took. I have a much better idea of what I want to share with the world now, and a better focus. 

Why am I writing this blog? Well, to share with you, of course! Here is a little background on us. IF you are not interested, just skip ahead to our second post! I won’t be hurt. not even a little. That is not a tear, my eyes are sweating. Just go.  :P
*Notice- This is a judgement free zone. Any negative or nasty comments will be deleted and the poster banned. If you have any concerns, see my About Me page and send me an email*

I moved from Chicago to a tiny town (3,500 people) in Central Illinois, because the cost of living in “The Big City” got to be too high. I love Chicago, we bleed Cubby red and blue in this house…but we had to be smart and do what was best for our future. The cost of living in a rural community is lower, though it comes with its own interesting issues and sights. The town has horse hitches at our one tiny gas station/diner, and I have seen people ride their horse to buy milk before! We have been here a few years, but the adjustment has come hard to some of us. Sometimes in very funny ways! 


We live in a town home,and are dreaming/saving for what I call the "Forever House".

I have Walking People blood in me, and so I have spent most of my life moving around from one town to another. Now that my daughter is getting older, however, I've decided to put down roots (if I can, haha) and concentrate on raising the family and selling my crafties. My daughter is 9, a pink-wearing girly girl who loves sports and wants to be a vet when she grows up. (The country is a good place for her,haha.) She is my little princess! We refer to her here as Lil’ G.

My personal life is kept very private (except for…you know, the whole blog thing) but I will occasionally refer to my partners in crime. *DH is tall, quiet and incredibly smart. Scary smart. He is very into science, physics, and space. I asked him once why he felt like he needed to know how everything in the universe works, and he joked “because that's how I hold it all together with my mind”. But I believe he could do it,haha. *MF is a small, wirey and boisterous man of mischievous good intentions and an easy going nature.He is the one who senses my moods and always forces me to talk about my stupid girly feelings, even if I don’t wanna…a great listener.

I am 29, with 5 years in the event industry and 3 in culinary arts training. I gave up the 9-5 life to peddle my wares full time. I also run another blog, Little Mom Saves Money. That is where I share my love of freebies and coupons! Over the last 2 years, we have managed to pare down our debt significantly because of coupons and free stuff. 

I love music, art, sitcoms that make me laugh or think, books, movies, Football, Nascar, Baseball, animals, food and making things. I think recycling is neat. I think pinup gals are awesome, I wish I could be one! I Love to swear. Sorry and I promise not to do it on the blog, unless there really just isn't another word that describes how I feel. :)
I love my oddball family. I don’t care much what people think about me.

Welcome to my little corner of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment