Saturday, February 11, 2012

What Does Valentine's Day Mean to You?

Because I love ya!
Valentine’s day has always been more about the little things in our house. Birthdays are a much bigger production. We don’t usually go out for Vday, but I do like to make a special dinner. IF we buy gifts for one another (sometimes we make  them) it is a small token of affection or something that the person needs…this year us adults exchanged t-shirts, and I put  together a small gift basket for Lil’ G that had dollar store manicure stuff in it. We are working on getting her to stop biting  her nails, and I though this might be a fun way. We keep it small and light, no pressure and little money spent.How do  YOU celebrate the day of love? Tell me in the comments!

With all the customize-able freebies this year, everyone in my house got a personalized Valentine from me. I also snagged 30 free personalized Valentines for Lil’ G! They were a HUGE hit, and there was even a few left over for family. This is the one I got, with one of my favorite pictures of my princess! What a smiley happy sunshine baby!
Vista Print Freebie!
:D The Valentines (and birthday treats) you send to school here in our rural town are somewhat of a status symbol, and although I do not usually fall into the “Keeping up with the Jones’s” attitude, I was pleased to hear that the Valentines we sent were the HIT of the school party. Even over the ones that had candy!

All together it was a quiet day and a quiet night, filled with smiles and affection. The boys each brought me flowers, which I broke up into little bunches and spread out all over the house. Daisies, a few roses, tulips and carnations…MH even brought Lil’ G her own bouquet of carnations, it really made her day!
Happy Valentine’s day, everyone! And if no one has said it to you yet today…I Love You:)

Creative Commons License
This work by Little Mom on the Prairie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment