Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kitchen Short Cut: Stock Cubes in the Freezer


I love to cook soups and stews, and I am also a big lover of efficiency in the kitchen. This little trick saves me time when building a base for a soup and allows me to make the most out of my leftovers. 

Use Ice cube trays to freeze things like turkey/chicken drippings, leftover au jous or gravy from beef dishes, or juice from pot roasts. 

Turkey stock cubes

I have a plastic gallon freezer baggie of turkey stock cubes & a freezer baggie of beef and mushroom gravy cubes. I add these to stews, chili, and even casseroles - pretty much whenever something needs a little depth to the flavor. It is also a great time saver for homemade soups, just add to the pot and you have a stock base. 

Beef & mushroom gravy cubes

Creative Commons License
This work by Little Mom on the Prairie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment